Swim Smooth Hamilton Video Analysis Service
If you are looking to improve your swimming technique then look no further!
If you are looking to improve your swimming technique then look no further! A swim video analysis consultation is perfect if you have unanswered questions about why you might have plateaued-off with your performance, or even if what you're doing in your swim training sessions is the most efficient way for you to personally improve.
The 1-2-1 Video Analysis Session is an absolute premium coaching service and is suitable for any level of swimmer - from those of you learning to swim the freestyle stroke for the first time, to those looking to break world records (and everywhere in between!).
Your Swim Smooth coach will clearly explain your stroke faults before moving on to correct them.
This service is particularly popular with triathletes from a limited swimming background, Open Water swimmers and junior Age Group program pool swimmers looking to shave off fractions of a second. Being 1-2-1 means that this session is totally tailored around your needs, whatever they might be.
Session cost is $180 and includes a take-home USB Stick or access to a Dropbox folder of your footage. Such is the value and comprehensive nature of this session that most swimmers find that just one session per season is enough to keep them on the "straight and narrow" with respect to efficient technique and for injury prevention for those who are prone to it. However, we do also offer a follow-up 60minute session for $120 for those seeking more regular input after this first initial consultation. I will advise you honestly at the end of this first session of whether or not you need to be returning again soon for a follow-up session or whether tapping into one of our squad technique sessions on a regular basis would be beneficial.
during the session we will:
Film you above and below the water swimming as naturally as possible using our underwater camera system. I will ask you to swim 150 to 200m for the purpose of this, or (if you're very new to swimming) just whatever you can do. You do not need to feel nervous or shy about this first step - it's only a baseline of where you're at right now and that's what we're here for - to improve! Please bring appropriate swim wear (e.g. bathers, cap and goggles) for this first stage.
Our underwater video analysis gives you a super-clear view of your stroke
We'll then hop you out onto the side for 20 to 25 minutes where I’ll show you on my computer what you are doing within your freestyle stroke. I’ll analyse both your strengths and areas for improvement and highlight just 2 or 3 key areas that need to be addressed to help you improve. Working on your swimming technique is often fraught with overloading a swimmer's mind with too many things to work on, though rather than spoon-feeding you with 2 or 3 overly simplistic areas that you should work on that might seem generically beneficial, I’ll actively educate you on the how's and why's behind the most appropriate course of action for you. Please bring some warm clothing and a towel for this.
You’ll then hop back into the water and I’ll take you through a comprehensive step-by-step stroke correction process where you'll be asked to only work on one aspect at a time as you are expertly guided through this correction process, all the time being mindful of what is most important for you personally given your own background and ability level. You will witness first-hand what it actually feels like to improve your stroke and I will typically utilise a range of beneficial training aids during this section to aid you with this process, indicating at all times how and why they could be used and equally how you could achieve similar results without their use. Please bring any fins / flippers that you may own for this stage as well as any pull buoys or paddles that you normally use too.
- The session will be concluded once we've gone through all the aspects covered in Stage 2 during the analysis section. I will summarise the key points for you again and will verbally instruct you on how to take this advice and use it going forwards in your normal training sessions. Your video footage will also be supplied to you on a ready-to-watch USB Stick or placed in a Dropbox folder that you can access. You will also receive a free months access to the Swim Smooth Guru, an online training platform which includes a specific training program for you that will prompt your memory of the key areas to be working on and (just as importantly) how to work on them.
weekly time slots (hamilton, new zealand):
- Mondays: 8:00am at Fastlane Fitness Pool
- Tuesdays: 8:00am & 10:00am at Fastlane Fitness Pool
- Wednesdays: 8:00am at Fastlane Fitness Pool
- Fridays: 8:00am & 10:45am at Fastlane Fitness Pool
- Saturday: 9:00am at Fastlane Fitness Pool
1-2-1 video analysis & stroke correction booking:
1. Sign up to the portal by clicking on the link in number 3 below and then clicking on the MY INFO tab - fill in your appropriate details e.g. email/username, password, mobile, etc. You may need to add your address details as well at this point. Click Save.
2. Once you have created your account, click on the Swim Video Analysis tab which allows you to search, book and pay for one of our coveted 1-2-1 Video Analysis sessions at a time suitable for you. After selecting whether you want an Initial Consultation or a Follow-up, you can simply click the Search Next Available button which will find just that.
3. To go ahead and book your 1-2-1 video analysis click here